We are looking for someone to work as a Quality and Test Technician at our Salisbury site, this role is responsible for all quality, inspection, and test functions for the site and flexibility is required to move between jobs depending on business needs. A minimum of a Level 3 Electrical qualification with an electrical background is essential but full training will be given on Rockford systems and processes.
Rockford Employee Benefits
- Every 4th Friday off
- Employee discount programme with discounts and incentives at over 800 retailers
- Additional holiday hours with each year of service
- Access to Cycle to Work scheme
- Dress down Friday’s (and half day Friday’s)
- All bank holidays off and a Christmas shut down period
- Access to Mental Health First Aid
- Profit share bonus scheme
- Pension scheme through Legal and General
- Uniform provided
- Coaching reviews
- Free parking
Here at Rockford we understand the need to support our employees and have many systems in place for this, such as a dedicated Wellbeing Team, Mental Health First Aiders at each site, access to the Cycle-to-Work scheme, annual mental health employee audits with recommendations and improvement actions, a HR and Wellbeing Roadmap, and all Rockford Employees have access to PeopleFirst; our employee benefits package which gives access to discounts at over 800 retailers including many linked to physical and mental wellness (such as discounted gym memberships, optician vouchers, food delivery services, and a range of health, sports and beauty retailers). We are a constantly evolving business that encourages work life balance. All our full-time roles are 4 and a half day weeks with no requirement to work weekends and we have recently changed our shift patterns to enable our hard-working employees to have every 4th Friday off work.
Your Career at Rockford
Careers at Rockford involve doing something a little different that also has a real impact in the world, such as supplying globally armed forces and the automotive and aerospace industries with the equipment they rely on.
It can be demanding, and the mission is to get the job out on time to the highest level of quality. We are looking for people with a strong work ethic, good attention to detail and a positive attitude to join our team.
Description & Responsibilities
- Work flexibly between production, inspection, test, Quality Assurance and Engineering departments, dependent on current business needs
- Ensure production, MK test and inspection activities and production agreed priorities are fulfilled with the aim of achieving on time delivery (both internally and externally) of product.
- Completing 8D investigations of Customer non-conformance reports
- Raise, implement and follow up actions raised during internal audits in a timely manner
- Carry out Quality assurance duties as required
- Provide cover and support with elements of Production Engineering work
- Support MK testing processes, recording problems, rework details, highlighting any improvements necessary.
- Maintain skills by continuing professional development and training to meet future requirements as required
- Help and mentor other team members when required
- Ensure good housekeeping is maintained and actively support any new housekeeping initiatives.
- To carry out all tasks in accordance with Rockford Components Ltd Quality, Health and Safety Standards.
- Personal development through training needs and mentoring.
- To interact and communicate with Supervisors and Operators to ensure a professional and consistent environment is developed, maintained, and enhanced.
- Lead by example in terms of time keeping, attendance, quality, productivity, conduct etc.
- Monitoring the production/quality processes, raising problem reports, recording rework details, highlighting any improvements necessary.
- To support and effectively embrace changes to standards, policies, processes, and products and positively adapt to change.
- Provide appropriate assistance to all team members
- Support the development of successful behaviour and skills within the team through constructive and timely feedback.
Experience / Skills / Attributes
- Level 3/4 Electrical qualification – essential
- Experience in Electronics/ Electrical background – essential
- Quality or test experience – desirable
- Effective communication skills – essential
- Ability to meet internal and external targets – essential
- Flexibility to move between jobs/ departments – essential
- Positive self-motivation – essential
- Sound understanding of IPC610/620, ISO9001, AS9100 and Rockford QMS – training can be given
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail – essential
- Ability to work in accordance with production plan – essential
- Able to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment – essential
- Able to organise and plan workload – essential
- Problem – solving skills – essential
To apply for this position you can either fill in the Rockford job application form linked above or supply a copy of your current CV along with any other applicable information. Please state which vacancy you are applying for in your application.
You can return the application form and other documents to us by email or by post.
Rockford Components Ltd
Rockford designs, manufactures and supplies high reliability products in to defence, automotive, commercial air and industrial markets. Our core products are system solutions, interconnect harness and cabling, design services and customised logistics services.
Rockford’s pedigree and experience coupled with capabilities in system, interconnect design and logistics allows us to service projects ranging from an individual cable assembly to designing, manufacturing and installing a complete electronic system or electro-mechanical assembly.
If a career at Rockford sounds like something you’d enjoy, please get in touch.
Safety and People First » Integrity » Respect » Passion » Professional » Knowledge