Full Time, Permanent Role
Hours 7.45am – 5.00pm Monday to Thursday
7.45am -12.45pm Friday (1 Friday off every 4 weeks!)
Pay Dependent on experience, to be discussed further at the interview stage
We are looking for someone to work within and/or supervise our small Stores team at our Rendlesham site. Stores experience is essential alongside the ability to use computer software. Full training will be given on Rockford systems and processes.
Rockford Employee Benefits
- Every 4th Friday off
- Employee discount programme with discounts and incentives at over 800 retailers
- Additional holiday hours with each year of service
- Access to Cycle to Work scheme
- Dress down Friday’s (and half day Friday’s)
- Bank holidays off and Christmas shut down period
- Access to Mental Health First Aid
- Profit share bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme through Legal and General
- Uniform provided
- Coaching reviews
- Free parking
Here at Rockford we understand the need to support our employees and have many systems in place for this, such as a dedicated Wellbeing Team, Mental Health First Aiders at each site, access to the Cycle-to-Work scheme, annual mental health employee audits with recommendations and improvement actions, a HR and Wellbeing Roadmap, and all Rockford Employees have access to PeopleFirst; our employee benefits package which gives access to discounts at over 800 retailers including many linked to physical and mental wellness (such as discounted gym memberships, optician vouchers, food delivery services, and a range of health, sports and beauty retailers). We are a constantly evolving business that encourages work life balance. All our full-time roles are 4 and a half day weeks with no requirement to work weekends and we have recently changed our shift patterns to enable our hard-working employees to have every 4th Friday off work.
Your Career at Rockford
Careers at Rockford involve doing something a little different that also has a real impact in the world, such as supplying globally armed forces and the automotive and aerospace industries with the equipment they rely on.
It can be demanding, and the mission is to get the job out on time to the highest level of quality. We are looking for people with a strong work ethic, good attention to detail and a positive attitude to join our team.
Description & Responsibilities
- Assigning and supervising team resources to ensure stores activities are carried out with the aim of achieving on time delivery (both internally and externally) of product.
- Ensure good housekeeping is maintained in work areas and actively support any new housekeeping initiatives.
- Ensure tasks are carried out in accordance with Rockford Components Ltd Quality and Health and Safety Procedures.
- To interact and communicate with team members/ other departments/ customers/ stakeholders to ensure a professional and consistent environment is developed, maintained and enhanced and to achieve continuity of the production plan and prevent any possible delay.
- Lead by example in terms of time keeping, attendance, quality, productivity, conduct etc.
- Make any improvements necessary to stores processes.
- To support and effectively communicate changes to standards, policies, processes and products to ensure the team are fully informed and positively adapt to change.
- Ensure effective management /prioritising/ coordinating of the teams to meet conflicting demands as they arise.
- Actively supervise the team, supporting with any issues that may come up, escalating where necessary.
- Review upcoming jobs to determine skills required and liaise with the training department to ensure stores operators have the required skills for upcoming work and ensure stores training requirements are initiated.
- Support the development of successful behaviour and skills within the team through constructive and timely feedback, conducting informal meetings/ reviews where necessary, keeping accurate records and escalating when appropriate.
- Ensure stores are working efficiently adhering to schedules, supervising the process by providing a “hands on role” and performing stores operator duties when necessary.
- Monitoring the stores practices and setting the schedules as required.
- Ensure effective stock control and audit stores areas, checking quantities, locations, parts, batches etc. are correct.
Experience / Skills / Attributes
- Stores experience – essential
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal – essential
- Ability to use computer software – essential
- Ability to ensure team meets internal and external targets – essential
- Ability to work to production plan – training will be provided
- Accuracy and attention to detail – essential
- Planning, prioritising, negotiating, and organisational skills – essential
- Ability to motivate co-workers, colleagues and others – essential
- Sound understanding of IPC610/620, ISO9001, AS9100 and Rockford QMS – training will be provided
- Patient and self-confident – essential
- Extensive knowledge of component identification – training will be provided
- Use of Operations II – training will be provided
To apply for this position you can either fill in the Rockford job application form linked above or supply a copy of your current CV along with any other applicable information. Please state which vacancy you are applying for in your application.
You can return the application form and other documents to us by email or by post.
Rockford Components Ltd
Rockford designs, manufactures and supplies high reliability products in to defence, automotive, commercial air and industrial markets. Our core products are system solutions, interconnect harness and cabling, design services and customised logistics services.
Rockford’s pedigree and experience coupled with capabilities in system, interconnect design and logistics allows us to service projects ranging from an individual cable assembly to designing, manufacturing and installing a complete electronic system or electro-mechanical assembly.
If a career at Rockford sounds like something you’d enjoy, please get in touch.
Safety and People First » Integrity » Respect » Passion » Professional » Knowledge