We are looking for an experienced Buyer/ Assistant Buyer to join our purchasing team at our Head Office in Rendlesham, Suffolk.
No agencies please.
Description & Responsibilities
- Review purchase orders for conformance to company policy.
- Build relationships with vendors to achieve improved pricing and delivery.
- Attend internal production meetings to identify demands, schedules and procurement needs.
- Review and evaluate specifications for issuing and awarding bids to suppliers through RFQ process.
- Provides information to identify purchasing requirements, establish business plans and performance objectives, and report performance against plan and business objectives.
- Ensure good housekeeping is maintained in work areas and actively support any new housekeeping initiatives.
- To carry out all tasks in accordance with Rockford Components Ltd Quality and Health and Safety Procedures.
- Personal development through training needs.
- To interact and communicate with all other staff members to ensure a professional and consistent environment is developed, maintained and enhanced.
- Lead by example in terms of timekeeping, attendance, quality, productivity, conduct etc.
- Help support changes to standards, policies, processes and products and positively adapt to change.
- Provide appropriate assistance and remain accountable for capability and conduct.
Experience / Skills / Attributes
- Working knowledge and experience in purchasing, shipping and processes.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Good team player with integrity, interpersonal, organisation and good time management skills.
- Work well under pressure and able to work independently.
- Effective communication both written and verbal.
- Ability to meet internal and external targets.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
To apply for this position you must fill in the Rockford job application form linked above and supply a copy of your current CV along with any other information requested above.
You can return the application form and other documents to us by email or by post.
Rockford Components Ltd
Rockford designs, manufactures and supplies high reliability products in to defence, commercial air and industrial markets. Our core products are system solutions, interconnect harness and cabling, design services and customised logistics services.
Rockford’s pedigree and experience coupled with capabilities in system, interconnect design and logistics allows Rockford to service projects ranging from an individual cable assembly to designing, manufacturing and installing a complete electronic system or electro-mechanical assembly.
Integrity » Respect » Passion » Professional » Knowledge
Your Career at Rockford
Careers at Rockford involve doing something a little different that also has a real impact in the world, such as supplying globally armed forces with the equipment they rely on.
It can be demanding, and there is always pressure to get the job out on time to the highest level of quality, so level heads are preferred. We are looking for people with a strong work ethic, a positive attitude, and a passion to do well, as this opens further career opportunities with us along the way.
Please note that job descriptions are not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for the job. These things may change at any time with or without notice.
If a career at Rockford sounds like something you’d enjoy, please get in touch.