Full Time, Permanent
We are looking for someone to join our small Stores team at our Worksop site. Previous warehouse experience is required and confidence working on computers is essential but full training will be given on our internal systems. Forklift licence desirable.
Hours 7.45am – 5.00pm Monday to Thursday
7.45am -12.45pm Friday (1 Friday off every 4 weeks!)
Rockford Employee Benefits
- Every 4th Friday off
- Employee discount programme with discounts and incentives at over 800 retailers
- Additional holiday hours with each year of service
- Access to Cycle to Work scheme
- Dress down Friday’s (and half day Friday’s)
- Bank holidays off
- Christmas shut down period
- Access to Mental Health First Aid
- Profit share bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme through Legal and General
- Uniform provided
- Free parking
Here at Rockford we understand the need to support our employees and have many systems in place for this, such as a dedicated Wellbeing Team, Mental Health First Aiders at each site, access to the Cycle-to-Work scheme, annual mental health employee audits with recommendations and improvement actions, a HR and Wellbeing Roadmap, and all Rockford Employees have access to PeopleFirst; our employee benefits package which gives access to discounts at over 800 retailers including many linked to physical and mental wellness (such as discounted gym memberships, optician vouchers, food delivery services, and a range of health, sports and beauty retailers). We are a constantly evolving business that encourages work life balance. All our full-time roles are 4 and a half day weeks with no requirement to work weekends and we have recently changed our shift patterns to enable our hard-working employees to have every 4th Friday off work.
Your Career at Rockford
Careers at Rockford involve doing something a little different that also has a real impact in the world, such as supplying globally armed forces and the automotive and aerospace industries with the equipment they rely on.
It can be demanding, and the mission is to get the job out on time to the highest level of quality. We are looking for people with a strong work ethic, good attention to detail and a positive attitude to join our team.
Description & Responsibilities
- Goods In Inspection
- Assisting with Dispatch
- Computer work
- Accurate electronic and manual picking processes
- Inventory control procedures
- Meeting internal and external delivery targets
- General housekeeping duties as required
- General administration duties as required
- Set a good example in terms of time keeping, attendance, quality, productivity, conduct etc.
- To maintain skills by continuing professional development to meet future requirements as required
- Help and mentor other team members when required
- To support and effectively embrace changes to standards, policies, processes and products and positively adapt to change
- To interact and communicate with all other team members to ensure a professional and consistent environment is developed, maintained and enhanced
- To carry out all tasks in accordance with Rockford Components Ltd Quality Manual and Health and Safety processes and procedures
Experience / Skills / Attributes
- Experience of working within a busy stores/ warehouse environment – essential
- Good IT skills – essential
- Forklift licence – desirable
- Strong interaction and communication skills – essential
- High level accuracy and attention to detail – essential
- Ability to work both from instructions and independently – essential
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines – essential
- Flexible during times of change – essential
To apply for this position you can either fill in the Rockford job application form linked above or supply a copy of your current CV along with any other applicable information. Please state which vacancy you are applying for in your application.
You can return the application form and other documents to us by email or by post.
Rockford Components Ltd
Rockford designs, manufactures and supplies high reliability products in to defence, automotive, commercial air and industrial markets. Our core products are system solutions, interconnect harness and cabling, design services and customised logistics services.
Rockford’s pedigree and experience coupled with capabilities in system, interconnect design and logistics allows us to service projects ranging from an individual cable assembly to designing, manufacturing and installing a complete electronic system or electro-mechanical assembly.
If a career at Rockford sounds like something you’d enjoy, please get in touch.
Safety and People First » Integrity » Respect » Passion » Professional » Knowledge