Rockford is pleased to announce that we have been designated as a ‘beneficiary of the Sharing in Growth scheme’.
What is the Sharing in Growth (SiG) scheme?
In June 2014, Rockford was selected for the Sharing in Growth (SiG) programme. Sharing in Growth UK Ltd was set up in 2012 specifically to deliver £110M of intensive supplier development training over a four year period to forty UK Aerospace suppliers. The selection process is rigorous and only the most robust and ambitious suppliers will achieve a position on the programme.
It gets companies to a ‘Fitness ready status’ through reviewing and developing the following:
- Competitive cost base
- Strategy – medium and long term
- Alignment of the business – using bottom up approach
- New product introduction – reducing risk to customer and business
- Leadership across the business
- Business growth and the right measures to deliver it
- Prioritisation of the business direction
Why has Rockford signed up?
The world our cable assembly, wiring harness and system solutions customers operate within grows demanding and complex.
Rockford recognise the need to be challenged, to increase its competitive position, and to create a better working environment. Rockford anticipates that the SiG programme will provide the perfect solution to this challenge.
In order to provide targeted assistance, SiG will initially complete a diagnostic exercise to determine which areas require support to be most effective for our company. The areas of support may include:
- Quality, delivery and cost improvements
- Value stream mapping
- Access to professionals from the Aerospace Industry
- Knowledge transfer opportunities – through academic and industrial sources
The UK aerospace sector is the largest in Europe and the second largest in the world after the USA. Its world class capabilities in the manufacture of some of the most sophisticated and high value parts of modern aircraft has created a high-tech and high-skill industry of over 3,000 companies with circa 230,000 employees in the UK that creates massive economic benefits for the UK.
Please visit http://sig-uk.org/ for more information.